USAPA Showcase Tournaments
USAPA Showcase Tournaments are branded events that represent a high level of organization, hospitality and competition. They do not require USAPA Sanctioning and they offer a stepping stone for new tournaments. These events should be highlighted on Regional and State websites because they can become a significant part of an ongoing Membership campaign.
The selection criteria include the following:
· Open to USAPA members and non-members
· Discounts offered to USAPA members unless this is not doable because the event is part of a larger event like the senior or state games that include other sports
· USAPA rules enforced by trained referees (See USAPA Guide To Refereeing Pickleball)
· USAPA tournament software used so that results are posted on the USAPA website – requires that the Tournament Director is a USAPA member
· USAPA membership table available for onsite registration
· Event is listed on the Regional and State websites calendar, and a description before and after the event (with pictures) is posted on the websites.
· Branded label “USAPA Showcase Event” is used on flyers
Multiple Showcase branded events in a geographical area offer a series of discounts to USAPA members over a period of months. The multiple members’ discounts make it easier for players to see the benefits of joining the USAPA.Showcase Tournament Director Checklist: http://usapa.org/file/mi/Tournament_Director_Guide.pdf