USAPA Membership Best Practices
Support Your Sport! Join USAPA…”just for the FUN of it!”
· Direct players to the USAPA Membership web page
· Providing member-only discounts for tournament/league registration fees for USAPA Showcase Events. If a player can see, on a single calendar, several tournaments that offer a total of $10 - $20 in discounts for USAPA members, the decision to become a member is an easier decision, particularly if the player can join as part of the registration process for the first event.
· Using the personal touch approach – asking for the membership form and the payment in a comfortably direct way – “Personal Touch”.
· Having membership tables available at events so that players can complete the registration/renewal forms and write checks for memberships that will be batched and forwarded to the USAPA – “Membership Table”.
· Having Internet connections available at events where possible, so that players can register/renew online
· Stressing family and junior memberships at events targeted at Mixed Generational Pickleball
· Welcoming new members in the region via email pointing them to the regional and state websites and inviting them to get involved in activities.
· Encouraging via email members approaching their membership expiration date to renew for multiple years and reminding them of the regional as well as national USAPA membership benefits.
· Developing a collection of email lists of players within the region
· Developing a regional e-eewsletter that complements the USAPA e-newsletter and draws attention to resources available at the national, regional and state websites
· Inviting players to review the USAPA website Training Room as an example of the value of the USAPA and then inviting them to become members
· Monitoring Places To Play in your Local Area to ensure that the information is correct.